Wednesday, February 10, 2010

INSIDE THE MIND OF A WRITER


What makes one a good writer? What makes one write in the first place? People have many reasons as to why they write what they write. You don't have to be a professional writer to be a writer. A lot of writers always come up to me and ask me how it is that i got my book published; I must be an amazing writer. I will say that my writing is of course great but that can be my personal opinion and those of the ones who do decide to publish what i write. But there are many people out there who write stuff that's just pure and utter crap! So the question is, what makes a good writer, a good writer?

Is there really such a thing? Didn't the chick who wrote THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA write a second book that turned out to be complete and utter crap? I guess it all comes down to inspiration for many. There are many events in your life that can make you a good writer or a bad one. Some people think that they have to be inspired so they look for inspiration. Really? Looking for inspiration? That's like trying to get a dump out of your ass from an empty stomach. Do you know how long that will take? Well i don't because i don't really struggle with dumps, i just eat and then GBLAKATA! Oh yeah i think that's the sound it makes, yeah way TMI i know sorry! lol

So, there is no such thing as looking for inspiration; i guess you can compare it to many singers and their music. Amy Winehouse's BACK TO BLACK is one of my all time favorite, but apparently, or word has it that homegirl was high when she was recording it. It kinda makes you go, well why do people want her to get clean? Don't you know she makes great music high? Okay I'm just joking, but seriously, i think that most of us are better artists at our crafts when we're f**ked up! And by that i mean me.

I cannot write good, or be creative when i am happy and in love. When i am having fun with my friends, going out, enjoying life, my writing sucks! There is nothing that i can do about it. It seems that happiness takes away my creativity. That is not exactly the way i expected to define myself as a writer but it certainly is the truth. There is no way around it, believe me i have tried to write happy. I ended up writing some...well here are a few titles just to name a few:
  • The joys of having a girlfriend
  • What to do with your penis when you're alone
  • The beauty of a woman's breasts
  • One night at the club
  • Tomorrow i have to work
You see, i cannot really function well when i am in a relationship, happy hanging out with friends and having fun. Those things limit my mind to these titles!


On the other hand when i am bored, lonely, sad, broke, unhappy and scared, the best ideas come to my mind. So get this, when i become a rich all time author who has enough money to buy it all, what the f**k will i do then? Put myself in a situation that can get me inspired? In order for me to be recognized as a talented artist i have to be broke, sad, lonely, bored and scared? If you have it differently, then consider yourself lucky my friend because I'm f**ked!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home