Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A DOG AND A MASTER


A DOG AND A MASTER is my second book which will be published through PUBLISHAMERICA and available worldwide online on March 12th 2010.

I am very excited about this book because it means so much to me! I wrote this book back in 2007 and i did so in just a matter of hours. It's not very long but when i was done i didn't want to read it. I had never told myself a story that made me cry, and this one left me very depressed for a few days. I know that it was a masterpiece in ever aspect and that alone scared me.

The way i came about writing it was even more amazing. I went to my friend's Jeidy's birthday party and i remember seeing his dog. Jeidy was not trying to have the dog pee on anyone so he wanted to keep him outside but i insisted that he let him in. I remember almost spending the whole night petting the dog. I love animals i think i have had about every kind my whole life so it was a piece of me that i didn't want to let go of. The dog did in fact take a piss on me and when Jeidy found out he was very mad but i told him that i spilled something on myself.

Even when i put the dog down he followed me around the whole night and when i left he sobbed. It really touched me and i thought i should write a story about the little experience i shared with the animal. Of course i had to spice things up with a bit of fiction and then TA DA! I had a book worth being published. It was actually the second manuscript that i sent to my publisher and the first to get published. i remember getting the phone call when they told me that they wanted to publish A DOG AND A MASTER, i remember screaming my lungs off and jumping up and down at work! It was such a rewarding day for me.

I have written a lot of stuff and i am always very careful about what i want to publish. I have always taken this story to heart because i knew that once people read it they would be touched. My mother who is herself a published author as well was very impressed and called me in tears after she read it. She said i made her so proud as a writer and was amazed that i came up with such a magical story.

A DOG AND A MASTER tells the story of life from a dog's point of view from the moment's it is snatched from the warmth of its mother's fur to the hands of a young adolescent. Dogs never really grow, they always stay in the same state of mind. They are always great companions, very playful and very caring; unlike humans. Although the Dog stays in his mindset his owner grows up and finds things other than chasing him around entertaining, so their relationship changes to the point where they are no longer an item.

One day the dog meets a man who shows him a lot of care, attention and gives him all of the love he ever wanted, the dog falls in love with that man and wants him to be his master. The only problem is that the man only comes to the house but once and years pass by when the dog never sees him again. The story revolves around the dog's relationship with his master crumbling after he meets the new man who is actually his master's friend. During those years that he awaits the man's return many things happen both for the dog and his master.

This is likely the most touching story i have ever written and i have refused to read it again. Many people who have had to chance to read it before it was actually published have told me that the fact that the fact that it is written very poetically makes it even more heart wrenching because it's as if in each stages the events keep amazing the reader. I must say that i am definitely very excited about the finished work and i can't wait for the rest of the world to experience this touching story. I promise you that it has classic written all over it!

1 Comments:

At February 11, 2010 at 3:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when are you going to get a real publisher, considering that Publish America is a vanity press?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home